Drew Pritchard Ltd

APP UPDATE AVAILABLE

To continue using the Drew Pritchard App,
please update to the latest version via
your app store.

DOWNLOAD THE APP SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
01492 685334 / 01492 580890
NEWSLETTER
Cart 0

A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs

A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs
A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs

A Set of Four Oak Renaissance Revival Side Chairs

Ref: 15482

Sold.

A set of four oak side chairs in the manner of Anthony Salvin.

Dramatic original upholstery.

English, 1840-50.

H: 86 W: 49 D: 50 CM

H: 33.7/8" W: 19.1/4" D: 19.11/16"

Seat height: 47CM / 18 1/2 "

Price is for the four chairs as shown.

The design of these chairs shows the strong influence of the architect-designer Richard Bridgens who popularised the `Elizabethan' or `Old English Style' in a collection of designs published in 1838, Furniture with Candelabra and Interior Decoration.

The style was adopted by several other designers of the period among them, Thomas Hopper, Anthony Salvin, William Burn, and Thomas Willement, reaching its zenith in the riotous Tudor Gothic decoration of Harlaxton Manor, Lincolnshire, on which Salvin and Burn both worked at different times.