This extraordinary statue formed part of the “Concrete Menagerie” created by James “Pim” Beveridge for John Fairington and his son Edwin at Fountain House in the village of Branxton, Northumberland.
We acquired a small part of the more than three hundred statues that made up this extraordinary installation, all have a been made with a combination of a simple chicken wire frame over timber covered in cement, plaster and house paints, the use of marbles for eyes is common across the collection and they all have a naivety to them that is enchanting.
A very rare and pure example of what is now termed “Outsider Art”.
Created between 1930-1960.
H:46 W:24 D:44 CM
H:17.2 W:9.5 D:17.2 INCHES