A Large Cast Iron Royal Coat of Arms
Of large scale and retaining remnants of the original painted and gilt decoration.
Presented by King Edward VII to "Hughes & Harber, Printers & Stationers" of Stoke on Trent.
Hughes & Harber were issued the Royal warrant in 1901, the year King Edward came to the throne, we assume this crest was at their "Royal Press" Longton, Stoke on Trent works.
Bearing the makers mark of "Walter Macfarlane, Glasgow" (1850-1965), to the centre of the shield.
The Piece breaks down into four sections and there is evidence of a single repair.
Early 20th century.
H:118 W:176 D:12 CM
H:46.5 D:69.3 D:4.7 INCHES