Drew Pritchard Ltd

APP UPDATE AVAILABLE

To continue using the Drew Pritchard App,
please update to the latest version via
your app store.

CONWY SHOWROOM NOW CLOSED

Our Conwy Showroom has now closed as we move on to pastures new so please do not travel to visit us.
We continue to trade online as we have always done and are welcome to contact us via our Enquiry Form or call 01492 580890. Dx

DOWNLOAD THE APP
01492 583519 / 07483 300783
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
01492 583519 / 07483 300783
NEWSLETTER
Cart 0

A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers

A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers
A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers

A 19th Century Gothic Revival Chest of Drawers

Ref: 14541

Sold.

A Large pitch pine graduated chest of drawers by Robertson & Son of Newcastle -on-Tyne.

Striking oyster pitch pine veneer, original gilt brass drop handles, galleried top with central relief carved roundel.

Un-restored, original order.

Circa 1880.

H:160 W:129 D:59 CM

H:63 W:50.8 D:23.2 INCHES.

Robson and Sons were cabinet makers of the highest standards; they were originally based in a small house at 42 Northumberland Street in Newcastle-on-Tyne. Robert Robson started the business in the William IV period of 1835 after serving his apprenticeship as a cabinet maker and upholsterer. His two sons followed in his footsteps to continue creating fine quality furniture along with working at hotels, churches to large ocean liners that were being built on the Tyne. After Robert’s death the sons opened a large factory where over 200 people were employed. Robson and Sons business carried on for four generations of their family before it was finally taken over by the Maple group in 1953.