A Pair of Cast Iron Lamp Standards Stone Pedestal
A pair of 19th Century, cast iron lamp standards on sandstone bases.
Makers mark to casting “George Smith”, Sun foundry, Glasgow.
The cast base has three of the corbels missing, old repair to one cast standard, otherwise excellent condition.
Founded in 1858, George Smith & Co Ltd began at 64 Port Dundas Road in Glasgow, the company quickly expanded, moving to Parliamentary Road in 1875 where they remained to 1896.
Price is for the pair.
New Old Stock (NOS)
7ft high overall and the pedestal is 17″ x 17″.